Monday, December 6, 2010

Oh, Christmas Tree (and Jesus action figures)

We put our tree up this weekend! It was so much fun because Jack was my super helper. It makes it much more fun to have a partner who's as into decorating the tree as you are...

I unwrapped all of the ornaments and handed them to Jack to place on the tree. As I unwrapped each one, I'd say, "Be very careful with this one, it's from when I was a baby." or "This one is very fragile..." Jack began saying things like, "Ohhh this one is so special, I played with this when I was a baby!" (melt)

Jack grouped every ornament in little clusters...hooking 5+ ornaments on one branch. It was very adorable. But I told him to make sure he hung some on the other side too. When I inspected the other side, this is what I saw:

...no ornaments on the tree, but on the power cord...

No matter...he had so much fun and I had the best time decorating with him...

After the tree was setup, I put our nativity scene out...and Jack was all-about-it! He thought they were some sort of action figures and let me tell you, baby Jesus, Mary, "Ho-sef", and the 3 wise men had quite the adventure at the hands of little Jack!



I wish I would have recorded his conversations, "Ohhh no baby Jesus, I will save you!"... it was hilarious...

1 comment:

Bella said...

Some of my best memories of christmas were playing with the little christmas village under the tree. It makes Christmas so much more magical :) Love it!