Friday, December 3, 2010

Christmas Picture

I realized that I had been slacking on our family Christmas cards this year. December came too quickly, and in a rush I started last-minute planning for our cards.

I had an impromptu photo shoot with the kids. Good idea since Lila was on the fussy side and Jack was only smiling so he could get an M&M, and so I snapped 45 pictures in about 2 minutes before everyone had a near meltdown.

And when reviewing, I realized that I did not have a single picture of both of the kids looking happy at the camera in the entire bunch! Blerg! Here was Jack's best:

...and Lila's:

Well, I took matters into my own hands and attempted to Photoshop each of their best pictures together…fully realizing that I am the furthest thing from a Photoshop guru. But, in the time crunch, I have to say I was pretty happy with the result. Decent for a super novice.

But then, I emailed my work to my girlfriend (who is ridiculously talented and hilarious) to ask if it was indeed a contender for Photoshop failures, and she sent my back this amazing picture…

Beyond talented! I told her I need her to learn how to "osmosis her talent" onto me…no word yet on whether this idea will pan out. But in the meantime, I love this picture of my babies…love, love, love it.
Note: unfortunately, I ordered my cards before I sent the picture to her...damn. Lesson learned: always send any picture I ever take to Laura for editing...or learn how to osmosis her talents! ;-)

1 comment:

Bella said...

Your kids would be gorgeous if photoshop never existed. :) I love their little faces and I could play with this all day long.