More nursery progress! We have a finished/usable armoire in the room! Here’s the breakdown.
We got this armoire for free last summer from neighbors who were moving. Free=nice. Navy=Not Nice. It sat idle in our garage for almost a year.
Finally I realized that we’d need somewhere to put all of baby girl’s clothes, so we pulled it out of the garage, dusted it off, and relocated it to our third room for a makeover. I pulled out the primer from when we primed the basement before we even moved in over a year ago. It was the consistency of Elmer’s Glue…uck! But, I’m cheap and lazy, so I made it work!
After priming, 2 coats of paint on this beast (which was a paint in the ass to paint BTW!), and a few cute door knobs from Hobby Lobby, it’s like a whole new piece of furniture!
If I’m being honest, I don’t love it. It doesn’t offer a lot of storage like I’d hoped, but it’s fine for now…and for free (+ cost of paint and door knobs). As warned, it looks way cuter in the pictures than it does in person! Hopefully it will grow on me...otherwise I'll be DIY-ing again soon!
Note: the knobs ended up being to big for the doors (they don’t close all the way), so I’ll have to go back and get a smaller set, but you get the idea!
So there you have it. Another check off the list. I feel a little bit better having this phase completed: it was the last major project to finish, but now I'm noticing all of the little projects I should work on in the evenings. Instead, I sit down for an hour and watch the Real Housewives of New Jersey because they are seriously nuts and I love it, so I'm happily entertained!