Thursday, August 13, 2009

It's the climb...

Let me start by acknowledging that, yes, I am a nerd! And yes, the post title is from the...Hannah Montana song, The Climb, and yes, I know it's super cheesy but:

#1: I love it (and I don't care who knows!)
#2: It reminds me of my friend, Laura, who isn't around to make me laugh everyday!
#3: It just fits perfectly with today’s pictures!

I can almost see it, that dream I am dreaming. But there's a voice inside my head saying, "You'll never reach it".

Every step I'm taking. Every move I make feels lost with no direction. My faith is shaking.
But I gotta keep trying. Gotta keep my head held high.
There's always gonna be another mountain; I'm always gonna wanna make it move...
Always gonna be a uphill battle. Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose.

Ain't about how fast I get there.

Ain't about what's waiting on the other side.

It's the climb!

I may not know it, but these are the moments that I'm gonna remember most...

(smile) Ladies, not only is Jack brave, but he's a rule-breaker! See: what a rebel!

________________________________________
Note: I do not condone breaking City Ordinances (usually). In fact, I was freaking out the whole time they were climbing, because I could just see the "Park Police" coming to bust us, but thankfully, we avoided authoritative notice! Whew! Disaster averted.... (I blame/attribute my complete fear of all authority to my Mom! Thanks, Mommer!)