Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Incident

An incident occurred in the early (early!) morning hours of August 20, 2009.

Please observe. At first glance, this appears to be a calm, loving, peaceful angel sleeping, but...wait, let me zoom out...

There we go! Notice, no bedsheets, scattered blankets, an aching back (oh wait, you can’t tell that from the picture, but trust: my back is aching!)

At approximately 2:30 am, Jim awoke to discover that Jack had snuck into our room and made himself nice and comfy on the floor at the foot of our bed. (No pictorial evidence, but he was curled up on the bed skirt that I haven't put on our bed in months!)

Jim proceeded to move Jack back to his own bed, only to find out that Jack had an "accident" in said place of slumber.

Jim cleaned Jack up and put him in bed with me before he left for work.

By 3:00 am, Jack was wide awake, playing in bed, running through the house…all over! I gave him my cell phone to play with so I could get a bit of sleep. (Sorry if he called you!)

At approximately 3:30 am, I awake to hear Jack saying, “Uh oh! Mama, uh oh!” by the tenth time of hearing this, I open my eyes to see that Jack managed to remove his diaper (WHA-?), and have an "accident” on our bed!

Lovely.

In a last-stitch effort to get some (any) sleep, I made a bed on the floor in our room using probably the thinnest blankets we own! (Not smart on a hardwood floor!)

Jack continued his shenanigan’s by unscrewing the knobs from my sweet “new” dresser and handing them to me as if he was doing a chore! (Bless his restless heart!)

I’m assuming I fell asleep between 4:00 and 4:30 this morning, and slept a very uncomfortable hour (yes, just 1!) before my alarm went off.

Have a nice day, because I’m pretty sure you got a better night’s sleep than I did and you probably aren't in desperate need of a chiropractor at the moment, as I am.

But then, I have this little monkey to go home to at the end of the day, and thinking of that, my back doesn't hurt so much anymore...

No comments: