Monday, October 10, 2011

Today

Daycare/preschool was closed today, so we took advantage and headed to the park...it was an impromptu trip (sooo unlike me!) so without a stroller, Li (Jack's newest nickname for Lila), enjoyed a stroll on my shoulders...











At the petting zoo portion of the park, Jack climbed on top of the fence to talk to the horses. Another little boy wanted to mimic Jack and asked his mom if he could also climb, she said, "No, we don't climb that, it's dangerous..." and I smiled in my head because I was THAT mom: the one who let's her child run wild, seemingly without regulations. It's not that Jack doesn't have the regulations, but he's safer and older and surefooted (see rock climbing pic below!), and I trust him. I know there will inevitably be situations when I say, "No, Jack. Just because that little boy does it, doesn't mean you can too...." but today, I was the rebellious carefree mom...

















Jack scaled his mini-mountain without assistance, and when he got to the top, he smiled and proudly exclaimed, "I'm on pride rock!"













No comments: