Friday, July 16, 2010

What I'll remember

Last night Jack woke up at 1:30 and wanted to come into our bed. (I usually don’t mind if Jim’s already gone to work, but 3 in a queen-sized gets a little cramped! Plus I’m trying to break the snuggle habit, although I’m not happy about it).

I brought him back to his room and he just wasn’t having it. So I sat in his bed and rocked him, and held him and walked around the room, and scratched his back when he needed me to…and I realized that I had forgotten about the nights of pacing his room back and forth and back and forth to get him back to sleep.

I must have walked the same path in his room a hundred times a week…but I have so easily forgotten about how hard and tiring it was. It’s funny how the most difficult times are the easiest to forget (although I say “hard times” loosely because he was an easy-going baby, I think…or maybe my memory is sugar-coating that fact too!)
Soon I’ll remember how hard it was, and how tired I was, and how stressful it can be (but most likely these will be multiplied with an addition to the equation)…but in the end, the best times are the ones I’ll remember.

No comments: