Wednesday, May 18, 2011

drawings

I introduced Jack to the iPad last night...complete with cautionary warnings (i.e., "Don't ever touch this without asking Mommy or Daddy"/"Be VERY careful and touch it gently"/etc.). He calls it a lily pad.

We went through alphabet tracing aps (so neat!) and shapes/colors aps and reading aps...his favorite ap so far is Glow Draw...

He drew me a picture of myself (below)…can you see me? He also started to sign his name on the bottom right, and might have lost interest...


I'm going to limit Jack to 15 minutes of iPad before story time at night, and we'll either read books on it or play educational games (I really love the letter tracing!). I don't want him to become addicted to the technology (I'm the pot calling the kettle black here...). Now that the weather is warming up (kinda), I'd much rather he spend his time playing outside and searching for worms and swinging and imagining...

No comments: