Friday, April 30, 2010

we love books...

"There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world. Love of books is the best of all." Jacqueline Kennedy

Jack loves to read…we read for an hour every night before bed...

I love that he loves to read…that he has his favorite books…that he can practically recite them…that one of his favorite books is Ernie’s Big Mess (because it was one of my favorites too)…I love that my Mom saved all of our books...


I love that he moves his fingers over the words when he’s “reading” to me...that he knows what's going to happen on the next page...that when he's ready for the next book he just says, "The end." and closes it...that when he knows it's getting closer to bed time, he says, "Just a couple more books!" while pointing his finger at me...

I also love how I can recite most all of his books without even opening them...and that sometimes I find myself subconsciously doing this throughout the day...and that I enjoy the Dr. Seuss books because the tongue-twisters keep me on my toes. But mostly, I love that he loves to read...

"The more that you read, the more things you will know. The more you learn, the more places you'll go." Dr. Seuss

No comments: