Thursday, March 25, 2010

Nursery (part 1)

A while ago (in July 2009), I won this from The Light Garden! I love it. I was so excited to get a package in the mail from Istanbul, with the sweetest note from the artist. I told her that if I ever had a little girl, this would definetly find a place in her room.

And so, 8 months later, with a little girl on the way, I'm excited to finally hang my prize. Well, to think seriously about hanging my prize, because the nursery-to-be is a BIG, HOT, MESS! I would totally show you a picture of our third bedroom, but I'm actually afraid to walk in for fear of being buried by my junk treasures!

But I have a definite motivation to organize and beautify, and I can't wait. My general thought...wait for it...vintage birdies! I'm thinking handmade nests, turquoise (which is my new obsession), celadon green, bright pink, a sweet vintage birdcage, and a cozy quilt...I need to try to keep in mind that I'm decorating a s-m-a-l-l room, on a s-m-a-l-l budget, but the possibilities have me reeling!

Don't even start Googling "nursery themes, ideas, inspiration, projects, etc."...because you might become obsessed and want to make every room a nursery (or maybe that's just me)! So, to get my thought process started, here's a random mish-mosh of the look I'm dreaming of, basically I'm thinking out loud here (or something like that)...
(via here)
(via here) Totally obsessed with this nursery!
(via here)
(via here)
So there's just a few of my preliminary thoughts and ideas, all I can say right now is I-want-to-PAINT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your cousin Kell (mostly Nick) is going to love this idea! The birds and colors are awesome! But I think Jim or Poppi should do the painting...enjoy telling them what to do and what a great job they are doing!!! can't wait to see you. love ya, A.P.