Monday, October 19, 2009

The Greffet's Take On Chicago!


Here's a few more from our recent trip to the Windy City



And then came the fun part...

Here's the girls, the first (and only) time we wore our bike helmets...
And Jennie and I met a crazy guy showing his support for his friend! I'm all about the support, but as you will see later, we were nearly frozen and we were layered!

Our Fearless Leader! Jim spent most of the day staring at a map trying to figure out the most time-efficient way to navigate through downtown Chicago whilst keeping us at a place where we would not be stranded on the "wrong side" of the marathon line...
And Jennie spent most of the day wishing Jim had better navigational skills, and wondering when my camera would break or my hands would get frostbite so I would stop annoying everyone with my relentless picture-taking...(the answer is never!)

LOL...at mile marker 10-ish, we stood for roughly an hour and a half searching for Mark...to no avail! During this time, as we froze and Jennie couldn't feel her legs, she decided to wrap her right leg up in the only spare piece of clothing we had (leaving her left leg to go numb)...notice the look of anguish on Jennie's face, and the mockery on Joanie's...

(This picture is out of place, so don't let the look of comfort on their faces fool you!) This is from the first day we had the bikes. Jim and Joanie look happy when they haven't been riding for 4 hours, right:

Sibling love...



Fun times, good laughs...
Oh, Chicago: I may like your city...but I still hate the Cubbies! :)

No comments: