Wednesday, September 22, 2010

2 month checkup

Someone is growing like a wildflower over in our household...Lila is up to 11 pounds, 12 ounces, and 22 3/4 inches long! Hello big girl! She's in the 75th percentile for both weight and height.

She had been doing so well lately! She's "cooing" and "oohing" and "ahhing" (I know, sounds really exciting to you, right!?) and I just love all of the new little noises she's making. She's learned to love her swing, but mostly loves when she's entertained while sitting in the swing, so Jack and I dance in front of her to give her something to look at...we put on quite a show!

She's started smiling which is the-best! It's not very often, but when she does, it really makes my day! She'll get the hang of it soon, because we're pretty entertaining in this family!

She's gotten into a really good routine usually only waking up once through the night, usually around 3, which is amazing! And she goes right back to sleep after eating at that time, so I'm super proud (and thankful!). I'm on the verge of saying that the worst of her colic is maybe I've just gotten used to it. But she's done so, so well this week that I think we're heading into the final stages of it...boo ya! (Note: by actually typing that/saying it out loud, I'm aware that I will most likely jinx it, but we'll find out!)

Jack is still the best big brother ever. He's always wanting to hug and kiss Lila, and calls her "Sweetheart" and "Baby girl". He even managed to overtake her 2 month photo shoot so I'll post some of out outtakes...he'd say, "You like having your picture taken, Pretty Girl?" and then show her how to smile...the classic Jack smile!

So much can change in just 2 months...(technically, I know Lila's only 8 weeks old today and her 2 month birthday is on the 30th, but close enough!)

No comments: