Thursday, June 18, 2009

people can be nice!

We were at our neighbor’s birthday party this past weekend. We didn't know most people...just Jack's friends and their parents.

One friendly stranger (Scott) who was taking plenty of good SLR pictures noticed my car parked across the street...along with a tire that seemed to be deflating by the second! So he offered to look at it...

Oh yeah! My “Check Tire Pressure” light had been on for about 2 weeks…oops!

Knowing his way around the car, he easily removed my tire...and found the hole and the culprit: a 2 inch nail!

Removed said culprit…

Patched and refilled my tire with air!

I was blown away that this seeming stranger went out of his way to help me. Why? Shouldn't we all practice random acts of kindness? Isn't it nice to be nice? Don't you feel better when you've done something little for another person?
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle...Plato

No comments: