Thursday, June 18, 2009

For the fathers in my life...

This one is for all the fathers in my life: my dad, my step-dad, my FIL, and my husband...I am so lucky and thankful for each one of them, and what they have taught me about being a parent.

Like my FIL, Mark: the constant project-doer who loves to build fires (even in the dead-heat of the summer). The man who ran a marathon on his 50th birthday...It's the merry-hearted boys that make the best men! (Irish Proverb)

Or my step-dad, Herb: who has shown me that family is more than just a word...

The great man is he that does not lose his child-heart. (Mencius)

My Dad: and the day he gave me away (in gesture only, I'll always be his little girl)...
and they day I gave him a grandson...

He didn't tell me how to live...he lived, and let me watch him do it. (Clarence Budington Kelland)

Or my Jim...who has grown to fit right in with these world-class Fathers...
I am so proud of him...

and so lucky that Jack has him to look up to...

love:
________________________________________
And for the Grandfathers in my life...love:

Goodnight my angel now it's time to dream.
And dream how wonderful your life will be.
Someday your child will cry and if you sing this lullaby,
Then in your heart there will always be a part of me. (Billy Joel)

No comments: