Thursday, February 10, 2011

Lila: 6 months...

Lila had her 6 month checkup and just typing that is a kind of punch to the stomach. 6 months? When did that happen? Half a year…really? She’s so beautiful and loving and sweet. I am so so proud of my little girl.

She weighs 16 pounds 12 ounces (75th percentile) and she’s 27 inches long (80th percentile). She received 4 shots and actually handled it better than her big brother’s 1 shot (but don’t tell him…he tried his best to be brave! Plus Lila has unawareness on her side, whereas Jack can see it coming!)
The Dr gave her the okay to eat just about anything…or at least try it. She’s been interested in grown up (table) food lately so I finally gave her some mini-baby pieces of bread last night. In all honesty, the pieces were so small that she probably didn’t even notice them, but it’s a start. I’m also experimenting with making my own food for her (more on that later)
She’s sleeping through the night and waking up so damn smiley and happy. I just want to kiss her face all morning, but after a while she asks me to stop and FINALLY feed her…then I can go back to love-attacking her! (PS: LOVE this hat! The pic cracks me up, but it's a million percent adorable in person!)
Lila really is such a happy baby. She’s got her daily routine down pat and life is getting easier (until she get’s mobile and then we’ll be back on a learning curve!)

Happy, happy half year birthday to my 6 month old girl! Slow down, sister!

No comments: