Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Firsts: Sleeping Through the Night!

Boo ya! Little Miss Lila slept through the whole night last night!!! Wha?! I woke up at 5:30 and was a bit disoriented because she was still sound asleep. From 9:30 to 5:30, my little angel didn’t make a peep! I was super proud. Hopefully she’ll be starting a trend :-)

I’m back at work now, which makes my stomach turn every morning when I have to leave Jack and Lila. It’s good to be back into the routine and all, but I hate, hate, hate leaving them behind, and waking Jack up early, and dragging them out when it’s cold and dark outside…but it’s what we gotta do for now.

Last night, after my first day back at work, I had zero desire to cook or do dishes or really do anything except hold Lila and kiss on Jack (which I hope will not get on his nerves anytime soon because covering his face with kisses keeps me going!)

So right now, although I’m super excited that Lila is sleeping so well, I’m also missing both of my babies too much to be of real use. I know it will get easier and the hurting feeling will subside, so for now, my thoughts of them will get me through the days. That and their smell. Before I leave Lila, I smell her head for a good 5 minutes, and it’s just enough until I walk in the door after work…just enough.

2 comments:

Angela said...

That's awesome!! Way to go Lila. Hopefully she will keep it up for you.

Bella said...

I know where you are. Pharmaceutical companies should develop a drug for working moms who hurt when they leave the house in the morning. It starts in the gut, takes a detour at the heart and lodges right in the throat where it sticks until either you get home to kiss your babies or you cry it out at your desk.